- Do you wish you had a better plan for your social media marketing initiatives?
- Wish you had a better plan for your social media marketing initiatives? Discover how to pursue and track your progress for 4 social media marketing goals.
- Looking for tips to help you succeed?
In this article, you’ll discover how to choose, pursue, and track your progress for four important social media marketing goals.
How to Identify the Right Goals for Your Business
What works for one business doesn’t necessarily work for others, even if you’re in similar industries. Before you define one or more goals, figure out where your business stands. First, audit your brand’s digital presence, including a social media audit. Then, analyze your marketing and sales funnels to determine where improvements could have a significant effect.
Should you build awareness, generate leads, nurture your community, or learn about your audience? Through the audit and analysis, you’ll discover which objective, if achieved, would benefit your company most at this point in time. When you can answer that, you’ve got yourself a goal.
Goal-setting matters because your ability to produce results from social media marketing is highly correlated with your ability to identify meaningful goals. This correlation makes sense: You can’t identify success or failure if you don’t know how much closer or farther away you are from reaching your goal.
The goal that you choose to pursue will determine what strategies you adopt and what performance metrics you should be tracking. After you have this overall goal, you can start identifying relevant metrics, devising strategies, and creating content.
Decide what goals you want to achieve with your social media efforts.
General Goal-Setting Tips
Here are a few general tips for goal-setting in a social media marketing context:
- Match your goals to your brand’s core values.
- Know what makes each social media platform unique and use it to your advantage.
- Make sure your campaigns are unique to differentiate your brand.
- When setting goals, make sure your efforts are consistent over time.
These tips should apply across all of your social media goals, no matter the desired outcome.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
Priscilla is a B2B marketer who loves all things sales and marketing-related. She enjoys learning and sharing so feel free to hit her up for a chat!