With more than 2 billions smartphone users worldwide mobile app business is a truly competitive one now. But to market your app successfully on a global scale you need to have a strong and winning strategy.
With more than 2 billions smartphone users worldwide mobile app business is a truly competitive one now. But to market your app successfully on a global scale you need to have a strong and winning strategy. When it is about App Store success, Every mobile app to mobile game development company uses various strategy for app marketing to boost app downloads at an app store. Here we are going to introduce some of the time-tested ways help your app dash through the App Store success.
1. Content Marketing
Content marketing is perceived as a term about the web and digital world. But since its effectiveness remained uncontested and unchallenged, it is now widely depended upon for app marketing as well. Content marketing generates at least 7 or 8 times more traffic for websites that depend on it than the rest. On the other hand, a study by Demand Metric suggests that the cost of content marketing is at least 62% less compared other avenues like inbound marketing. A whopping 89% B2B marketers and 86% B2C marketers use content marketing.
If you compare the marketing scene from the other way round, you are bound to realise that other avenues like in-app ads are not as successful as contents. Close to 70 million US internet users make use of ad blockers. Naturally, while ads are continuing to devalued in importance, the value of contents in generating traffic is continuing to rise.
There are altogether four different types of mobile app content that are allowed to be marketed. Let's have a look at them.
- App Store listing: It showcases the basic contents about the app. An app store listing comprises of app description, app videos and app images. These contents are precisely meant for an audience who stumbles upon your app store listing. Generally, the app Page within the store is visited by traffic who are already interested in your app. Naturally, your compelling content can just push them for the last mile to finish downloading their app.
- Pre-launch content: Do you know just a 40% of users search for apps in the app store while others get to know about certain apps from other sources? This means effective content strategy is indeed needed across other avenues to engage the mobile audience. Some of the other types of contents that help you create buzz about your app before it's launched include landing page, teaser, blogs and articles, app videos, press releases, contents for email campaigns, etc.
- In-app content: Besides exercising all the avenues of content publishing to create buzz about your app, you also need to create relevant in-app contents to engage and retain users. In-app contents range from video tutorials to in-app user guides to user notes to messaging and notifications. While some of these contents are used for the users, there are also user-generated contents giving users ways to feel integrated with the app.
- Authority content: Some published contents add to the value of an app and create authority. These contents add an evergreen touch to the marketing contents of an app. These contents being user-generated and engaging builds a stronger bond with the app users over a period of time. A brand always gains respect and estimation in the eyes of the customers by publishing quality user optimised contents, and it is no different with mobile Apps.
2. Guerilla Marketing
Marketers are already frequented with this term which means achieving maximum marketing outputs with low-cost mobile app marketing tactics. It is especially helpful for app businesses working on a tight marketing budget with little room for shelling out hefty money on costly marketing channels. Some of the most effective Guerilla marketing tactics include the following.
- Offering perks and incentives for the target audience who are already hooked to your app or audience who are likely to show maximum interest in your app.
- You can hire a brand ambassador with a mass appeal, especially for your target audience group and boost discoverability.
- Offering free download codes or links with other purchases.
- Organising well publicised app-launch event and party and promoting app downloads by linking the download with the invitation for the event.
- Launch a small single page website for your app and start getting the mileage through targeting search engine ranks.
- Building a killer landing page to promote the app with deep links of the app store page within.
- Make use of promo codes to spread the news about the app long before the app is launched.
3. Getting the Edge Over Others With Localisation
If you want to ensure success for your app by targeting a diversified and demographically variant audience, you need to focus on the localisation of the app and should make your app accessible through a variety of languages. To tell you the truth, all leading apps are almost invariably diversified when it comes to accessibility through local language. Facebook can be accessed through 84 languages while Gmail is available in 58 languages and Twitter can be accessed in 32 different languages.
The last leg of the question is how you can figure out the countries that you should target. To begin with, you should concentrate on countries with higher penetration of smartphones or countries where a smartphone is getting penetration quicker than others. Now you should further narrow down your quest for ideal geographic market by focusing on the app niche that enjoys the highest number of consumers or users. For example, for a typical video chat app, you should target market where such apps enjoy highest popularity.
These tactics are just not enough since there are several other strategies that you need to embrace for an effective marketing output. For instance, we all know the importance of social media and influencer marketing to create buzz around your app. But these strategies are often overlooked or just remained out of focus for many apps around the world.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com by Juned Ghanchi
Juned Ghanchi started IndianAppDevelopers.com, and is CMO of the mobile application development company since 2014. He has a degree in digital marketing and almost five years of experience in business brand management and leads generation through latest technology trends.