We all want free Advertising, well it doesn't get more free than Facebook Cover Photos.
It's the first thing people see when they visit your page, so you want to make a serious first impression!
If you are using Facebook to grow your brand or promote your business, it is extremely important to don't put up a boring or ugly cover just because you need something there. If you don't have access to Photoshop or understand graphic design, hire a professional to create a stunning cover photo for you, along with other social profile graphics, trust us it will be well worth it.
Cover Images on Google Plus, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook are missed opportunities more often than not, so make sure your facebook cover image tells visitors immediately about your product or services.
Here are a couple of ways to wow your visitors and inrease conversions from your Facebook Cover Photo:
1. Brand yourself
Source: Guy Kawasaki
2. Display Product or Service Benefits
Source: Post Planner
3. Use Cover CTA to Create an Email List
Source: Entrepreneuress Academy
4. Engage Fans by Promoting their Art / Submissions
Source: Bob Marley
5. Announce Contests & Giveaways
Source: Hockey Now
6. Use It as a Promo Flyer To Describe Your Offerings
Source: Ivy’s Garden Food
7. Promote Your Fans & Users
8. Highlight people in your organization
9. Show Social Proof to increase credibility
Source: Sandi Krakowski
10. Sell Products or Services
Source: Danny Brown
11. Show your support for a cause
12. Highlight upcoming events
13. Tell what your page is about
14. Be seasonal
15. Let testimonials promote your company
There are literally hundreds of ways to use your Facebook cover photo to your benefit.
We would suggest you create approximately 5 - 10 Facebook covers, so you can vary them around holidays, special days and keep your Facebook cover photo interesting for your users. Ensure it always aligns with your company's brand and vision.
If you would like some help creating Facebook Cover Images, feel free to give us a shout. We're amazing at creating visual marketing materials.